Film Grant Application Criteria
FILM GRANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
Effective 26 September 2023
· Funds will be allocated on a tier system, depending on the scale of the production, up to a maximum of $1000. In general, grants of $1000, $750, $500, and $250 will be given out.
· The person applying for the grant must be a TSF member and must have a significant creative role, either producer, director or writer. Other TSF members must also be involved.
· All applications must be on the Film Grant application form.
· Six months stand-down from joining TSF to when you are eligible to apply for funding.
· Reporting on the expenditure within one month of filming is mandatory. We need to know where the money was spent, which includes a budget and receipts. People should not be paying themselves ‘fees’; rather the money should go on expenses for all cast and crew such as petrol vouchers, catering, location costs, generators, hard drives, costuming, makeup etc.
· Failure to report back will mean your film will not be eligible for the Film Festival.
· You are not eligible for another grant until your expenditure accountability has been completed.
· Applicants applying for grants must be entering their film in the Top of the South Film Festival and must include the TSF Logo in the credits of their film.
· Applicants can apply for a maximum of two grants per year.
· Applicants must sign a Letter of Acceptance agreeing to the terms therein before receiving their grant.
· Decisions of the TSF are final.